Church of the Brethren Logo

Salem Church of the Brethren

6037 Phillipsburg Road, Englewood, Ohio 45322
(937) 836-6145
     
salem picture
   
line decor
line decor

 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

The Salem congregation was established in 1817, meeting in homes until 1854, when the first church building was constructed.  The second building was built in 1876, and served until it was destroyed by a fire in 1955.  The current building was finished in 1958, being dedicated to God's work on November 16, 1958.

A number of persons from Salem have served as missionaries and as service workers around the world.  Salem continues to serve, reaching out far and near.

The congregation is connected to the Church of the Brethren at large through the Southern Ohio District, and to the denominational offices in Elgin, Illinois.

We are a community of seekers and disciples; we support and encourage each other in simple day-to-day ways in Bible study, worship, meal sharing, and companionship.  Salem offers a place to grow and put faith into action.  We invite you to join us.